Lies, slander at work by employee

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I was at work and this other employee doesn't like me. She is catty and jealous and worried about her job because she is lazy and thinks she will be fired. She told the boss that I was late to work every day this week and that is a lie. She told me that she spoke to a lawyer and that he said she couldn't get in trouble. I am worried because my boss believes her and I was only late a few minutes one day to work and not every day. Can I sue her? Do I need to go to a regular court or small claims court?

What actual damages have you suffered? Were you fired? Demoted? Had your wage lowered?

There is nothing to pursue here. You would be best off to ignore her and forget she exists. Don't engage in her pettiness.

How do you know your boss believes her? What (if any) adverse action has your boss taken against you because of this?

If you are able to make copies of your time cards or even write down your hours if you're salary, any back up just in case the boss does make some kind of move, you can show something. If you have your own sign in log on your computer, that can help too, but you'd need to be able to print it out. Don't worry about it tho. If you know the boss knows 1st hand, she'd need proof on her/his end as well, so just for a little while take care of yourself & put your best foot forward w/a smile on your face :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back