Lien on mobile home

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfrisch

I recently won a judgment against my ex business partner. I put a judment lien on his home in one county and drove to another to do the same on a parcel he owns that has a mobile home on it, the land itself is only worth about half of what he owes me but the mobile home is worth more, my question is what can I do to put a lein on bth, I worry that he will just up and move the mobile home to another parcelthen sell it. What information do I need on the mobile home to do it, is there a "blanket" lein with the state of Illinois that covers all his posessions? I dont know if the mobile home is mortgaged or paid off. What can I do to collect my money from the sale of the mobile home no matter what county he sells it or registers it in.

In Illinois mobile homes are titled as vehicles through the Illinois Secretary of State. Maybe they can give you some information.

Well its not actually a mobile home, it doesnt have wheels, its more of a park modile that can be trailered else where. The lein only covers the property because of this, its not a permanet structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back