Liberty Mutual

nique23

Jurisdiction
Colorado
I have Liberty Mutual and I feel like I am being taken advantage of with the coverage I purchased. I have New Car Replacement, Better Car Replacement and GAP. My vehicle has been totaled. I received settlement paperwork and not sure I understand the figures. When I talk to the Claim person he is talking in riddles.

Cash Value - $17, 525.00
Applicable taxes - $1410.20
Better Car Replacement - $3187.47
Minus your deductible - $500
Total Amt Due - $21,622.67

I do not believe the Better Car replacement should be included in this amount as this is not giving me the money for a new vehicle based on Liberty Mutual advertisement of this coverage. (So if you have a 2007 vehicle with 35,000 miles on it and are involved in a total-loss accident, Liberty Mutual will give you the money for a 2008 model with 20,000 miles on it.)

When I ask questioned this amount I get a email stating this information

upload_2016-4-12_10-25-44.png

Now I am totally confused.

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-12_10-23-19.png
    upload_2016-4-12_10-23-19.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 4

'Better Car Replacement' insurance: What's the catch? | Fox Business

What's Better Car Replacement worth? A 2007 Ford Fusion SEL sedan with 35,000 miles in excellent condition fetches about $12,075 as a trade-in. A "Better Car Replacement" - a 2008 model with 20,000 miles - brings $14,375 at trade.

That extra cash would certainly make replacing the car a little more enjoyable.

Average 2007 Ford Focus - $5,995

Average 2008 Ford Focus - $6,395

You can check NADA, KBB, Edmunds or several car dealers that locally for the car make and model that was totalled.

To you a 2007 Ford Focus might be worth $10,000.
It's not worth that on the open market.
It's not about what an insurer advertises.
The advertisement as I recall it promises a NEWER car, as in one year NEWER than the car you lose.
If yours was a 2007 car, you're going get the equivalent cash for a 2008 car with 15,000 fewer miles than you had on your car that was demolished.
It's about what is written in your policy.

You will need to read the fine print of what they consider a "new" car, to see if New Car Replacement would apply. GAP would usually cover the difference in what you owe. They may not have that information yet from your bank to be able to determine if anything is due there.

Yours is not a legal question.

If you feel you are being treated unfairly then speak to your insurance company's customer service department or complain to your state insurance department.

Yours is not a legal question.

If you feel you are being treated unfairly then speak to your insurance company's customer service department or complain to your state insurance department.
Contrary to what you think, it is as I've done this and still feel like I am getting shafted. No need to reply I will talk with an Attorney

...I will talk with an Attorney

Good luck. Again this is not a legal issue, but any attorney will speak to you if you pay them for their time. Then they will advise you that this is not an issue for an attorney, at least not the way it appears based upon your explanation.

You need to read your policy.

If you cannot understand how the numbers are calculated then call your insurance company and speak to someone else who is capable of explaining it to your satisfaction.

Good luck. Again this is not a legal issue, but any attorney will speak to you if you pay them for their time. Then they will advise you that this is not an issue for an attorney, at least not the way it appears based upon your explanation.

You need to read your policy.

If you cannot understand how the numbers are calculated then call your insurance company and speak to someone else who is capable of explaining it to your satisfaction.
DEAD THREAD

Back