Consumer Law, Warranties Liable for Payment ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicean

I have a leak in my pool. I got a pool guy to give me an estimate for the repair. The estimate came out to be around $1500. He was sure that the problem was around the tile level of the pool. After taking out the old tiles and putting in the new ones the pool was still leaking. Now he is saying that the problem might be with the light niche, which is going to be another $900. It's a matter of elimination is what he's telling me.

Should I be responsible for my pool guy's guessing? I reasoned out to him that he was there to fix the leak. He's stating that the labor and materials have already been done to the pool and I should pay for that.

I am trying to avoid him getting a mechanic's lien on my house. What is my best course of action?

I have a leak in my pool. I got a pool guy to give me an estimate for the repair. The estimate came out to be around $1500. He was sure that the problem was around the tile level of the pool. After taking out the old tiles and putting in the new ones the pool was still leaking. Now he is saying that the problem might be with the light niche, which is going to be another $900. It's a matter of elimination is what he's telling me.

Should I be responsible for my pool guy's guessing? I reasoned out to him that he was there to fix the leak. He's stating that the labor and materials have already been done to the pool and I should pay for that.

I am trying to avoid him getting a mechanic's lien on my house. What is my best course of action?

I'd pay him for what he did, which wasn't much.

Then I'd hire someone else to find and fix the problem.

If they say the problem is different that what the first guy did, I'd sue him for what he overcharged me.

Otherwise, I'd let the second guy fix it and pay him, getting rid of the first crook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back