Consumer Law, Warranties Letter of Agency Contract Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmunoz

This is pertaining to the switch we made with Century Link (local phone provider) to Brighthouse (local phone/internet).

The local phone company was Embarq until they were bought out by Century Link. Our last month to month bill with Embarq was October 2009. We then received the new bill from Century Link November 2009. We were given a "Letter of Agency" in January 13, 2010 by Century Link acknowledging they are our new local telephone provider. We then switched our local provider to Brighthouse Business November 2010. We received the new Century Link bill shown on (Bill1, Bill2) & (Bill1a, Bill2a) pdf files. The total amount is $3,316.11 vs our normal bill of $500-$600 a month from Century Link's previous bill. They claim we were on a 3yr contract. If you view the Letter of Agency, it does not state we are on a 3 year contract with terms and agreement. At other previous jobs, I have signed contracts separate from the Letter of Agency or Letter of Authorization. I have contacted FCC and we have been issued a number. I've called FCC several times to make sure we are not place to the end of the pile. The initial call to FCC was December 7th after I spoke with John Doe 1 who works for Global Contact Services (Century Link Agent). We documented each call when speaking to Global Contact Service Agent & FCC.

12/7/10 Contacted John Doe 1 at Global Contact Services asking to fax over (Letter of Agency) See attachment

12/7/10 Contacted Brighthouse to verify the Letter of Agency

12/7/10 Contacted ecfr at nara.govto clarify definition of Letter of Agency along with this link

12/7/10 Received response from aworley at gpo.gov clarifying where I should write a complaint

12/7/10 Contacted FCC slamming at fcc.gov with the information I have provided as an attachment which initiated the FCC number

12/8/10 Contacted Florida Consumer Complaint Bureau but guided me back to FCC

12/14/10 Contacted John Doe 1 and wanted to speak with our representative who signed the Letter of Agency

12/16/10 Contacted John Doe 3 who replaced John Doe 2. John Doe 2 was the one who drew up this mysterious contract Jan 13, 2010. John Doe 3 mentioned she would get in touch with her Supervisor to pro rate the bill since they have received a lot of calls on this person John Doe 2. I gather that is why John Doe 2 no longer works as a Global Contract Services Agent.

12/20/10 Called John Doe 1 for follow up he had with his supervisor which we think John Doe 3 is the supervisor even though she replaced John Doe 2. We left off stating we will be in touch with our Lawyer.

1/3/11 Called FCC to find out where we stand on our case. The FCC representative has pushed our case to higher priority.

1/5/11 Called FCC to verify again where we stand and said they are catching up after the holiday break.

I feel Century Link will place us into collections since they have not followed through resending the new pro rated bill.

Any advise will be helpful.

Daniel

This is pertaining to the switch we made with Century Link (local phone provider) to Brighthouse (local phone/internet).

The local phone company was Embarq until they were bought out by Century Link. Our last month to month bill with Embarq was October 2009. We then received the new bill from Century Link November 2009. We were given a "Letter of Agency" in January 13, 2010 by Century Link acknowledging they are our new local telephone provider. We then switched our local provider to Brighthouse Business November 2010. We received the new Century Link bill shown on (Bill1, Bill2) & (Bill1a, Bill2a) pdf files. The total amount is $3,316.11 vs our normal bill of $500-$600 a month from Century Link's previous bill. They claim we were on a 3yr contract. If you view the Letter of Agency, it does not state we are on a 3 year contract with terms and agreement. At other previous jobs, I have signed contracts separate from the Letter of Agency or Letter of Authorization. I have contacted FCC and we have been issued a number. I've called FCC several times to make sure we are not place to the end of the pile. The initial call to FCC was December 7th after I spoke with John Doe 1 who works for Global Contact Services (Century Link Agent). We documented each call when speaking to Global Contact Service Agent & FCC.

12/7/10 Contacted John Doe 1 at Global Contact Services asking to fax over (Letter of Agency) See attachment

12/7/10 Contacted Brighthouse to verify the Letter of Agency

12/7/10 Contacted ecfr at nara.govto clarify definition of Letter of Agency along with this link

12/7/10 Received response from aworley at gpo.gov clarifying where I should write a complaint

12/7/10 Contacted FCC slamming at fcc.gov with the information I have provided as an attachment which initiated the FCC number

12/8/10 Contacted Florida Consumer Complaint Bureau but guided me back to FCC

12/14/10 Contacted John Doe 1 and wanted to speak with our representative who signed the Letter of Agency

12/16/10 Contacted John Doe 3 who replaced John Doe 2. John Doe 2 was the one who drew up this mysterious contract Jan 13, 2010. John Doe 3 mentioned she would get in touch with her Supervisor to pro rate the bill since they have received a lot of calls on this person John Doe 2. I gather that is why John Doe 2 no longer works as a Global Contract Services Agent.

12/20/10 Called John Doe 1 for follow up he had with his supervisor which we think John Doe 3 is the supervisor even though she replaced John Doe 2. We left off stating we will be in touch with our Lawyer.

1/3/11 Called FCC to find out where we stand on our case. The FCC representative has pushed our case to higher priority.

1/5/11 Called FCC to verify again where we stand and said they are catching up after the holiday break.

I feel Century Link will place us into collections since they have not followed through resending the new pro rated bill.

Any advise will be helpful.

Daniel

If it is sent to collections, prior to an FCC ruling, that could be viewed as retaliation.
You might be able to use that against your defendant.
You could possible use it to forestall any adverse collections activity.
No need to speculate, what you fear has not happened.
More than likely you'll get a ruling, therefore a resolution is in the offing.

Thank you Army Judge

Do you think it is wise to get a Lawyer before the FCC ruling? I have posted this message on several websites and with no replies. Thank you for your quick reply. I would like to know if you are for hire.

Thanks

Do you think it is wise to get a Lawyer before the FCC ruling? I have posted this message on several websites and with no replies. Thank you for your quick reply. I would like to know if you are for hire.

Thanks

You're quite welcome.
No, I'm happily retired.
I can't advise you if hiring a lawyer now would guarantee a win for you. I can say it won't hurt. Why nit speak to a couple and see what they advise?

Be advised, you'll be hard pressed to retain an attorney for anything less than $1500-2000, however. No harm in asking and the initial consultation is normally free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back