legal rights in a house

Status
Not open for further replies.

diana

in 1992 my parents lent money to my X mother in law to buy a house and return money within six month. The month drag to years then money was promissed to be payed after the house went on sale in 2002. An email from the son and the mother stating that they are in the process of selling the house and want to pay the money back with the interest the my parents see fit. Three month later, the mother bought another house never returning the money to my parents stating that she will put my name on the deed which latter changed her mind because her son convinced her not two, and never put her sons name on the deed fearing that once I divorce him I will get half of it.
Only last week her son payed $5000 from the amount owed of $52,000 with calculating the interest.

My question is:
1-Can my father put a lean on the house since his money was not payed from the first house?
2- I heard about the statue of limitation, does the statue of limitation apply? Or since the son just made a payment and an email was sent from the son prior to selling the first house stated that his mother and him are getting to sell the first house and want to pay the money back.

Thanking you so much for your coorperation and awaiting to hearing from you soon

You will not be able to put a "lien" on this new house. You should immediately send a demand letter to your ex-mother in law demanding payment within a short but reasonable period of time. You may want to state the terms that they are overdue and reference only one payment of $5,000. The statute of limtiations should run from this payment of $5,000 and you should probably file right suit. I would speak to an attorney as soon as possible to file for a "breach of contract." If you obtain a judgment and they don't pay you might then be able to put a lien on the home.

diana said:
in 1992 my parents lent money to my X mother in law to buy a house and return money within six month. The month drag to years then money was promissed to be payed after the house went on sale in 2002. An email from the son and the mother stating that they are in the process of selling the house and want to pay the money back with the interest the my parents see fit. Three month later, the mother bought another house never returning the money to my parents stating that she will put my name on the deed which latter changed her mind because her son convinced her not two, and never put her sons name on the deed fearing that once I divorce him I will get half of it.
Only last week her son payed $5000 from the amount owed of $52,000 with calculating the interest.

My question is:
1-Can my father put a lean on the house since his money was not payed from the first house?
2- I heard about the statue of limitation, does the statue of limitation apply? Or since the son just made a payment and an email was sent from the son prior to selling the first house stated that his mother and him are getting to sell the first house and want to pay the money back.

Thanking you so much for your coorperation and awaiting to hearing from you soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back