Legal Problem in case

Status
Not open for further replies.

smond

Hi,
I have a certain problem in my annulment case. My first lawyer excuse herself from my case which forced me to find a second lawyer. The first lawyer held back some of the files to my second lawyer and in addition, she violated client confidenity by giving private info to the opposing lawyer.
Some of the files, she held back includes notes on communication between attorney and client and plantiff. The second lawyer does not know how to get those missing documents. How can I get those missing files from my first lawyer. Apparently, the first lawyer is not ethical. Is legal malpractiice an effective tool these days? I wrote several letters to her and she had the chutzpah to write back that she has no intentions of ever sending me the info. What options do I have?

I'd go right to the state bar with that information -- they will provide you with information regarding attorney complaints. This attorney could lose his/her license so be sure about what you are doing. Make sure you keep originals and provide copies. If what you say is true, then the attorney may have acted unethically and violated many of the rights and privileges that are the underpinnings of our justice system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back