legal mediation group harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvslife73

I need information on how to deal with a legal mediator that called me and claimed I owed several thousand in credit card debt with their client. She told me that I had til Monday to come up with half of the money or I would have to go to court. She was rude and even told me I would go to jail. This account she is referring to was charged off on my credit report and I have a statement from the credit card company themselves that shows a $0.01CR under previous balance, and a $0 balance under the new balance too. It was my understanding when I recieved this statement from the credit card company with the 0 balance owed that this debt was taken care of. She wants me to fax her a copy of this statement showing the 0 balance. I just need to know what I need to tell her if she calls back demanding I pay this debt. And if they have any right to talk to me like that when I have proof that the credit card company had given up on collecting that debt.

This sounds like a 3rd party collection agency or debt buyer trying to collect. Using the term "legal mediator" rather than "collection agency" is probably intended to scare you into paying. I would request validation before I sent them anything. If they cannot validate the debt, they cannot collect it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back