legal guardianship

Status
Not open for further replies.

zcordoba

Hello,
I am planning to seek legal guardianship of my 14 year old sister. I am 22 years old and married. Our mother passed away about 6 years ago and we have no contact with my dad, plus he is not on my sister's birth certificate. My aunt and uncle are currently in the process of getting a court date so they can get my sisters legal guardianship. The problem is that recently my aunt had a change of heart and thought it was best for me to keep my sister. She said she could not handle her anymore and that she is too much to control, which is sad because she is a blood relative. So my question is, if they already have a case in process is it possible to cancel it or can I talk to the same lawyers they are seeing and change the case around to my name, without having to waste more money getting another lawyer?

Hello,
I am planning to seek legal guardianship of my 14 year old sister. I am 22 years old and married. Our mother passed away about 6 years ago and we have no contact with my dad, plus he is not on my sister's birth certificate. My aunt and uncle are currently in the process of getting a court date so they can get my sisters legal guardianship. The problem is that recently my aunt had a change of heart and thought it was best for me to keep my sister. She said she could not handle her anymore and that she is too much to control, which is sad because she is a blood relative. So my question is, if they already have a case in process is it possible to cancel it or can I talk to the same lawyers they are seeing and change the case around to my name, without having to waste more money getting another lawyer?

You can speak to her lawyer, if he or she allows it.

They can recommend a lawyer that could represent you.

I'm betting they won't take you as a client, because it violates the canon of ethics, so I suggest you speak with other lawyers.

Agree, in this case, you might want to get your own lawyer. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back