Legal Fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

pw1965

On 7/05/2006 I met with my Attorney regarding his representation in my divorce. I did not sign agreement on fees, but he asks for $650.00 and I paid him that day. On 01/25/2007 he ask for $500 more to continue with the case. Now that the divorce is filed he is billing me for $ 3,490. This comes as a complete shock to me as I thought that if he needed more funds for his time he would let me know. I pre-paid from the beginning of our relationship. What can I do? What obligation do I have to pay this fee?

On 7/05/2006 I met with my Attorney regarding his representation in my divorce. I did not sign agreement on fees, but he asks for $650.00 and I paid him that day. On 01/25/2007 he ask for $500 more to continue with the case. Now that the divorce is filed he is billing me for $ 3,490. This comes as a complete shock to me as I thought that if he needed more funds for his time he would let me know. I pre-paid from the beginning of our relationship. What can I do? What obligation do I have to pay this fee?
What is the bill for? We don't know here. :D If it is filing fees and the like, that would probably not be included within your agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back