Auto Loans Lease turn in

Status
Not open for further replies.

holly790

In approx. Sept 2014, I received a call stating it was getting time to turn in my car and how to do it. I asked if I owed anything and she said as long as the last payment was made, I did not owe anything.
An inspector came out and I asked him if anything was owed and he said no.
I turned in my vehicle about a month before the contract end date.
I then contacted the company by phone and asked if anything was owed and was told nothing was owed.
I went to the company online website and there was not a way to make a payment because it stated a zero balance.
When I turned in my car I asked if there was anything owed and again was told nothing was owed.

On Jan 23rd, I received a letter stating I had previously received an invoice detailing the remaining balance of $440.34 and it was due by Jan 24th in order to satisfy my lease obligations!
I never received an invoice!

Why am I receiving a bill 3 months after the car was turned in?

My monthly lease payments were about $224 and I am positive my end of lease contract stated only $300 but not sure where the contract is right now (still searching for it).

Is there any recourse? Do I have to pay this? Do I have to take them to small claims court? Since several employees said I do not owe anything, does that mean I do not owe anything?
I have written a letter to them as well.

Why am I receiving a bill 3 months after the car was turned in?

We cannot answer the above question. You need to call the creditor to get an answer.

As to the creditor telling you that you owe nothing. . . did you get that in writing when you turned in the vehicle? If not you have a problem. You need to ask for a full accounting (in writing) of the remaining charges and go from there.

Des.

If you EXCEEDED the allotted mileage, you owe.

If the car had damages, you owe.

Never turn anything in without getting a receipt for it.

Other than that, no way anyone but the entity that held the lease could explain why you're being billed.

Visit their offices, or send them a letter, (overnight delivery, or RRR) NOT an email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back