Lease turn in issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoops48197

Hello,
I have a question about my lease turn in.

We went to the dealer where we leased the car, they were unable to find us what we wanted, so we found the salesman that leased us the car. He now works at a Honda dealer, we asked what they could do, they did find us a car to purchase, they paid off the remaining lease payment, they also said that they wanted to buy out the lease from GMAC. We took the car to them the next day, they liked the car, said it needed front tires, but they would buy it. Im signed a mileage statement and said we were good to go.

Today I spoke with a manager there, and he said they no longer wanted the vehicle, it needed to much were work, I disagree.

However, my question is, is the dealer legally obligated to keep the car? Also, what am I obligated to do?

Any help would be great.
Thanks
Hoops48197

ok, what is the time frame here? you went intot he dealer ship they paid off the car then when did they decide not to buy it?

The lien holder may ghave already sent the title out-- and the account may already be paid--- if this is true there is not much they can do to put the car back on you. However if they never cut the check tot he lien holder then you may have a problem-- so it depends on the time frame

Lease Turn In....

Howdy,

Long version of the story,
We wanted to get a new lease, on a new car, the dealer where we had been leasing could not do much on getting us a car, due to credit reasons, as I said, we tracked down the salesperson that we had used before, he was able to pay off the lease on the turn in car, that was only $202.00, we did not take the turn in car to them until the following day. We just thought we would have to take the car to the original dealer.

After we did the used car deal, the G.M. of the dealership asked what car we were turning in, (to the old dealer). after he found out about the turn in car, low miles, real clean car, the G.M. said he wanted to see it, that they have a chevy dealer down south, and they needed the car there. I told him and the salesman that it had some damage that I had to fix before I could turn it in to the original dealer, the G.M. said not to worry, bring it in anyway.

He, the G.M. and several sales people looked over the car, (it was a slow morning)
two of those people said it needed front tires, and looked good. After a bit, one of the sales people came out with a mileage statement, (law in michigan), I asked what else I was to do, the G.M. said we were good to go, he said they would cut a check to gmac. At that point I jumped in my truck and scooted out.

As far as time frame, they had the car 2 days, had a mechanic look at it, the mechanic said it needed a bunch of stuff, and they called me two days after I dropped it off at the dealer, where I bought the used car. Said it needed $2500.00 worth of work. I think the mechanic is having a tough time getting work, and at dealer rates, the cost was a bit much, they said it needed all new brakes, all new tires, and the body damage. Now, I am a retired auto mechanic, and there is no way the estimate can be that high. with the damage and such, maybe 500 bucks, tires for this car were 40 bucks, I had to buy one.

I suppose what I need to know is what is a verbal aggrement? does what I described make a verbal contract?
Thanks
Hoops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back