Lease Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc03

I have signed a 6-month lease on a house which will be ending on 05/01/08. The first part of April the rental agency called me and told me that there where some perspective buyers who wanted to look at the house and when would be a good time for them to show the house, I was surprised because I was not aware that it had been listed for sell, When I told her that she said that she was not aware of it either but she would call the owner and find out what was going on, meanwhile I needed to be available for them to show the house on Wednesday evening. after not hearing from anyone for several days I called the rental agency and asked her if she had talked to the owner yet and she said no she hadnt called him yet, , because the rental agency had not offered to renew my lease, and now the house was up for sell, I figured I needed to be out by the end of my lease date. so on the 15th of april I found a house that was for rent and filled out an application and paid the fees for the application process, When they called my current rental agency for a credit ref. I then rec'd a phone call from them telling me that she had now talked to the owner and if I would stay they would take the house off of the market, I declined their offer and told her that I would be out by the end of my lease. she said that would be fine now today she calls me (a week later) and tells me that I have to pay Rent for the month of may because I didnt give 30-days notice. am I liable for this?

That's what I thought too, but she has told me that they are keeping my security deposit because of it. Should I take this to small claims?

Read your lease regarding notices. I am sure there is a provision there stating what you have to do no matter how short or long the lease terms are. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back