Lease Agreement Inconsistancies

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooterpie79

I signed a 12 month lease to commence on 3/1/08. In re-reading my lease recently, I found that the dates of occupancy were from 3/1/08 to 3/31/08. This a 13 month term, not 12. Is this grounds to possibly terminate my lease and do I have any ground to stand on?

Last edited:
No and no. That may be a typo when they were preparing your agreement and you can always go back to the leasing office to have that fixed.

Last edited:
I have to disagree with COLandlord. One never see leases for 13 months!!!! It is obviously a typo and as a landlord myself, I can tell you that a correction is due.

Last edited:
scooterpie79...talk with your landlord. 13 month leases are absolutely legal and done all the time. You have no legal recourse to change it if the landlord doesn't agree to it.

As a landlord myself, I have to disagree with COLandlord. When does one see a 13 month lease? Unless one has requested to do that, you will never see those lease agreement terms! Presutin answered it correctly. S/he says no to her first question and no to the second question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back