Consumer Law, Warranties Lawsuit Against Big Departmental Store in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

law3

I have been experiencing prejudicial hostile treatment from a big store in NYC.

No matter which store branch I choose or formal complaint I make, I still get discriminated against. This has been going on for years now. The last time I went to shop there, I was humilated and denied entry. The staff decided to disgrace me in front of the other customers. They treated me like a thief and told me that I have been banned from the store forever. I tried to explain to them that I'm a regular shopper at this particular store branch and I have spent hundreds of dollars there this year alone as my reward card would show. However, they wouldn't listen to me and forced me out of the store. I know the real reason why they were discriminating against me. It is because of nationality, disability and sexual orientation. Now I panic and afraid to go out or shop in any store. Help!!!

Their main goal was to make me feel subhuman because of the things they felt I had against me - nationality, disability, and sexual orientation, and race. I believe they don't properly train their employees or properly address matters like this when it occurs.

I asked you this question on another board where you posted the same question. In order to successfully sue, you need evidence of your claim. What EVIDENCE do you have that are refusing you entry BECAUSE of your race, nationality and so on?

i suffer from a very embarrassing medical condition which causes people to talk behind my back and make fun of me. i can deal with that. but sometimes some people get even bolder and choose to harass me even more strongly like in the case of the employees of this store denying me entry unjustly and slandering me in front of their customers to make me look like a thief so as to justify their unjust actions towards me. They had the product i wanted to purchase that day. And their cameras would show me heading towards the area where that product is located before one of the store workers came to me and told me to leave. and i went to make a complaint to the supervisor and the supervisor forced me to leave as well. and i had to buy that product else where that day because i needed the product to treat my medical condition.

i suffer from a very embarrassing medical condition which causes people to talk behind my back and make fun of me. i can deal with that. but sometimes some people get even bolder and choose to harass me even more strongly like in the case of the employees of this store denying me entry unjustly and slandering me in front of their customers to make me look like a thief so as to justify their unjust actions towards me. They had the product i wanted to purchase that day. And their cameras would show me heading towards the area where that product is located before one of the store workers came to me and told me to leave. and i went to make a complaint to the supervisor and the supervisor forced me to leave as well. and i had to buy that product else where that day because i needed the product to treat my medical condition.

You noted in your previous thread on this forum that you spent hundreds of dollars at this store this year already. Why do you believe they *all of a sudden* are not allowing you entry into the store?

Your medical condition is only important to you.
A store owes you no duty (other than perhaps making the store accessible to you), nor does it need to even care about your condition.
A store can simply ask you to leave their premises at any time for a myriad of reasons.
Should you refuse, the police could be called and asked to physically remove you from the premises.

I would like the answer to cbg's question also. What evidence do you have ..... & also the answer to my question re why *all of a sudden* they are not allowing you entry.

It "seems" there is more to the story than we are getting here. "Generally" a store has the right to refuse service to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back