1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Laws on Speeding in Houston Texas.

Discussion in 'Speeding Tickets, Traffic & Moving Violations' started by JamesApples, Nov 1, 2018.

1. JamesApples

JamesApples Law Topic Starter New Member

Well my court date is in December and I’m just thinking on what’s best to do, I’ve never been in a situation like this. I have no idea how this procedure even goes. I just need to get my story and word placement sound to defend myself properly.

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

If the officer is an EXPERIENCED, seasoned traffic officer (Harris County Sheriff, County Constables, and Houston PD have many) he/she will know what to say to THWART "how'd the radar pick me defense".

Truth be told, as I always do, today's radar systems CAN pick the blue car versus the other nine cars, and you win the traffic speed lottery today, motorist.

3. mightymoose

mightymoose Well-Known Member

Despite what you believe, a police officer will testify that you were captured on radar going faster.
    You previously mentioned several vehicles. If you expect to argue that one of the others must have been speeding you will likely fail. Modern equipment can distinguish between vehicles.
    It seems paying the citation and attending traffic school is likely your best option.