Late Paychecks

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpeck34

IS THERE ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT PAYROLL CHECKS BEING HELD BECAUSE OF LACK OF CASH FLOW. sOMETIMES PAYCHECKS WON'T BE ISSUED FOR UP TP TWO WEEKS. DOESN'T THE EMPLOYEER HAVE TO PAY THEM FOR EACH DAY THE PAYCHECK IS WITHHELD?

Same Boat

I am also in the same boat. I now have a payroll check that has bounced with nothing but BS coming from the owners mouth. Have been trying to get this fixed with the company for the past two weeks to no avail. Can I lose my job and/or unemployment benefits for refusing to work more until the debt is settled? I live in TN and the company owing money is based in Cary, NC. I know the odds are against me but some good advice would help. Please!

You can file a complaint with your state department of labor.

Whether the employer has to pay a fine for every day late and, if so, whether it is paid to the employee or to the state, depends on what state you are in. I only know of one state where such a fine goes to the employee and that state is neither TN nor NC.

I would also like to point out that, while it IS illegal to not pay employees, you can't get blood out of a turnip.

If there is a cash flow problem, start looking for another job. Sounds like the company is in financial trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back