Last name change

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngmom

The father of my daughter is getting married this weekend. He has asked me to change her last name from mine to his. Can he do this? Should I change it or fight it? Please help me.

youngmom

Last edited:
personally i dont think you should change it. if you like her having your last name dont do it that is totally up to you. but i wouldnt change it.

Name Change

I would love to know what happened as I too have a child that I would like to change his name. I allowed my mate to give my son his last name and now that we never married would love for my son to have my last name and do not know how to go about this? Or if how this works within the law? Help please

I am getting married in September and my finance has a six year old who has his step-father's last name - whom his mom is no longer with. We really would like to have his last name changed to my finance's. Now he has started Kindergarden and is learing how to write his last name (his step father's). This is something we really want to do but we are not really sure about the costs and how difficult it will be and for his son to understand why his last name is changing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back