Breaking a Lease Landlords Breaking Lease

Cassdog

Jurisdiction
California
I received a 30 day notice that my Landlords were moving back into their home. A day before they sent the notice they had their movers move all of my things that were in the garage outside the garage and into the backyard without my permission. Before the 30 days they moved into the house without telling me. Is this legal? I moved out before the end of the month and they won't prorate my rent. Also, saying they will be using my deposit for cleaning the room. Carpet, holes in the walls etc. but I didn't put any holes in the walls the tenant before me did and they never covered those holes.

Last edited:
I received a 30 day notice that my Landlords were moving back into their home. A day before they sent the notice they had their movers move all of my things that were in the garage outside the garage and into the backyard without my permission. Before the 30 days they moved into the house without telling me. Is this legal? I moved out before the end of the month and they won't prorate my rent. Also, saying they will be using my deposit for cleaning the room. Carpet, holes in the walls etc. but I didn't put any holes in the walls the tenant before me did and they never covered those holes.

The way you describe things, you may have been the victim of an illegal eviction.
Your best bet is to discuss everything with two or three local lawyers.
If your case interest one or more of them, you hire one, and maybe you'll hit the "illegal eviction" jackpot!

Back