Final Inspection Landlord and Tenant

Rwoods35

Hi there,
My question involves the right to do a walk through. I have rented this home for a year and my landlord contracted me to ask about another lease. I said yes and the landlord mailed a signed lease to me for one year, which I also signed. She now wants to do a walk through, which is fine with me, however, she doesn't want me present during the walk through. I am a private person and do not want her walking through the house when I'm not there. My question is, is she allowed to do a walk through when I'm not there? There is no emergency, or anything like that. It just sounds fishy to me. I've rented for many years and never had this. Any info would be great. Thanks

Hi there,
My question involves the right to do a walk through. I have rented this home for a year and my landlord contracted me to ask about another lease. I said yes and the landlord mailed a signed lease to me for one year, which I also signed. She now wants to do a walk through, which is fine with me, however, she doesn't want me present during the walk through. I am a private person and do not want her walking through the house when I'm not there. My question is, is she allowed to do a walk through when I'm not there? There is no emergency, or anything like that. It just sounds fishy to me. I've rented for many years and never had this. Any info would be great. Thanks

You are the leaseholder.
Your landlord can't violate your leasehold without a penalty.
You aren't required to allow her to do a walk through without you being present.

You have three choices:

1 - permit her to do the walk through without you present and hope for the best
2 - deny her the walk through unless you are present and await her response
3 - simply refuse to renew the lease, give her notice, and find a landlord that doesn't wish to bully, intimidate, or dictate to her tenants.

My vote, if you were to ask me, Wwoods35, NUMBER THREE (3)!!!!!

Back