La Fitness Cheating Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

LearningTHELAW

Ok, this is a very small claim, but for me it is very BIG, so your help and time is very appreciated.

Heres the story, on 11/20/06 I had become a member to LA FITNESS gym with payments being directly taken out of my bank account. In roughly September of 2007 I had called and told the manager to cancel my membership to LA Fitness. He told me everything would be taken care of and I don't have to worry about future bills and i had not gone there since. Now in May, I received a threat to be reported to credit agencies about my delinquent bills for February, March, and April of 2008. I had been paying since the manager told me I was off the system, but did not realize i was paying due to the direct deposit (i will pay more attention to it now) ,and in February 2008 I had changed banks and now they want me to pay a 3 month accumulation. Also this might be important info to the story, a Manager, possibly the one I spoke to, was fired due to improperly managing accounts or something to that degree around the time I was told it would be taken care of.

I have not gone to LA FITNESS and they have a scanner system to prove it, plus there is noone in the gym that can say they saw me there, because I was not there.

Heres something against me though, the Contract does clearly say you must give written request to cancel but I only know this now because I went there a week ago to get the contract to see if theres anything I can do. So basically the manager lied to me and got an extra 500 $ out of it, instead of telling me the truth to make a written notice. Is there anything I can do to get this money back or at least not pay the delinquent fees and just have my account cancelled?? PLEASE HELP ME :yes: Is there a specific laywer i should look for, or is it not worth it due to the costs of the laywer being greater than the costs of the gym?

Ok, I see a couple other posts about FITNESS gyms that have been around for over 2 months without a response. I would really appreciate an opinion or recommendation as soon as possible... Or maybe this web-site isn't alive anymore and I should look for another one that can answer my question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back