Consumer Law, Warranties L.A. Fitness California and oral contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinsmith719

At the start of the new year, my wife and I went into L.A. Fitness to inquire about getting a personal trainer to work with my wife twice a week. Currently, my wife and I already have paying memberships monthly with L.A. Fitness, so this would be an additional cost. Upon entering the discussion with the "sales" woman we had made very clear that there are certain expectations we would require before signing any contract: (1) we wanted to have an experienced and responsible trainer (2) we wanted to ensure that the workout would would have pilates movements infused (3) she only wanted a trainer that could work on Monday and Sunday mornings. So far, the most important expectation #1 has not been fully met! On three separate occasions the trainer; who was fairly new to the job and not as experienced as we had requested; did not show for my wife's scheduled appointments. Upon meeting with management a new trainer was assigned and on the very first scheduled appointment with my wife the new trainer did not show. We have expressed our anger and extreme disappointment with the handling of my wife's fitness and have asked that the contract be terminated. Management has told us that the contract could be voided however we are responsible for half of the remaining balance which is $1500! We vehemently protested reminding management that prior to signing the contract we were very specific on our demands and the "sales" woman had promised that L.A. Fitness would be able to meet all of our demands 100%. Are we still legally binded by this contract? We feel that our requests were never met.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back