Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant ky license suspended w/o notification!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradmullins007

Several months back I was at an interview for an EMT position and somehow during this time I bumped a gentlemans' vehicle unbeknownst to me. Well we ended up in court and I accepted the punishment as 90 days of probation (leaving the scene of an accident/failure to render aid) was the charge... mind you this was a vehicle no one was in and in a parking lot I further agreed that if the insurance did not cover the damage then I would make restitution. Low and behold I was pulled over today for speeding as I am a transport driver. I was then taken to jail for driving on a suspended license without receiving any notification of this ordeal. I was not sentenced by the judge or county attorney to have my license suspended only the above punishment. While sitting in jail the pre-trial official told me Frankfort DMV makes that decision not the Judge and COunty Attorney...is this correct? And is there a way to get a hardship license considering I make my living and support my family by driving for the RailRoad.
UNlucky in Kentucky,
Brad

I think you did not get probation. What likley happened is that your license was suspended for 90 days. You should never have gone to court without an attorney. You can expect that the RR will no longer let you drive.

I doubt that you were not aware you hit the other vehicle.

Hire an attorney and let him see if there is anything that can be done.

i absolutely had no idea that I had touched anything I was driving my brothers 4x4 truck with a huge dog box in the back...i plead guilty to what happened as i know that i did it...but at the time i sincerely did not know thats for you to believe or not and yes I got 90 days in the county jail probated...my license were never brought up..

In some states, your license is governed by bureacratic rules of the Secretary of State. They should have notified you by mail if they were to suspend your license, but it may have been out of the hands of your Judge.

Good Luck to You.

Well it should all be taken care of. I had some strings pulled and yes my license was suspended with no notification it was by the state not the judge. I was not told they would be suspended so the charge of leaving the scene of an accident/failure to render aid was sent a correction from the county attorney so that i could be back on the road :) GOOD thing me and my fiance had a great lady friend that could pull some strings...FOR SURE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back