Kicked off youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxx07

My jurisdiction is: California, USA

Our channel on youtube was removed for violation of their rules and regulations. Our video channel was a huge channel with 200,000 channel views and around 1 million video views of our online videos hosted by them on our own video channel. It was very very popular and had taken us hundreds of hours to create on their site.

Our videos contained scenes of women defeating men in wrestling scenarios. No blood, nobody was hurt, or injured in any scenes. The male actor pretended he was in pain. However our material was deemed objectionable. Yet thousands of videos on youtube show men wrestling each other in WWE matches with blood, getting injured, chairs broken over their heads etc. I surmise that it was objectionable that a woman defeating a man in a video is not considered appropriate material for some vague reason. Ok to show a woman being beaten by a man I guess in our society.

Is this a case of discrimination of any kind as the material was way tamer than any WWE matches we have seen or violence regularly portrayed from mainstream films on the you tube channels? People chased down and stabbed to death etc. Shown all the time on Youtube on their horror channels.

No sex or any kind of lewd conduct and both parties were fully clothed in the scenes. Is there any kind of legal recourse here? I would like to mention that the girl in the video is black. Male actor was white. They do not respond to any E-mail contacts and refuse to give a definitive accounting of what exactly they deemed objectionable. Site was closed down permanently by them. Site was on you-tube for approx 7 months.

Do the same standards applied to us not have to be applied to all media on their site?

YouTube is a privately owned site. Your rights are much more limited. Did Google ever tell you why your channel was removed with specificity? I don't know exactly what was stated but a takedown on Google in this fashion usually implies more than what you're telling me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back