Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Kalamazoo Michigan MIP Consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

tizzy

I'm a 20, going on 21 year old student. I was at my friends party the other day and we had been drinking. We called a cab to go home and went outside to wait for it. In the mean time the cops came and gave us breathalyzers and then MIP's.

My problem is, our residence halls are now closed for Christmas break and my trial is during a time that I cannot be in the city (as I live 4 hours away and don't drive). I called the court house and asked if there was a way I could get my date reschedule for a later time and they told me no.

1. So I'm curious about a few things. First off, is it possible to just plead guilty by mail (as the back of the ticket seemingly says) and just pay their fine via the mail?

2. Or, if I don't go to the court hearing and a bench warrant is issued and I turn myself in when I'm back in the city, can the penalties be worse? What are my options here?

hm, that is not really user-friendly of them.

Regarding the first question, read the instructions on the ticket, if in doubt call the friendly court clerk again and ask.

If you just don't show up you very likely will rake up additional fees if not worse. I would not go this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back