K1 visa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odalys_

Jurisdiction
California
Hello, i am 18 years old and almost 4 months pregnant. My baby's father is an illegal immigrant that currently lives in Tijuana. He has been in the United States before with a workers visa and has never been in the United States illegally. He also has a clean record. I was wondering what steps I could take to be able to legally bring him here to the United States.

My baby's father is an illegal immigrant that currently lives in Tijuana. He . . . has never been in the United States illegally.

So...what exactly did you mean when you wrote that he "is an illegal immigrant." If he's "never been in the United States illegally" and he's living in Mexico, then are you saying he's illegally in Mexico? If he lives in Mexico, then he's obviously not any sort of immigrant in the U.S.

I was wondering what steps I could take to be able to legally bring him here to the United States.

You can't do anything. He'll have to fill out the necessary forms and what-not.

I was wondering what steps I could take to be able to legally bring him here to the United States.

You can't bring him here legally.

Until the baby is born and a PATERNITY test is conducted, the baby has no putative father.

In some cases you marrying an alien can somewhat enhance immigration chances, but that's temporary.

It is easier for you to emigrate to Mexico to be with your beloved.

For the next four years, immigration is going to be difficult, if not nonexistent.

He isn't an immigrant of any kind, let alone an illegal one if he had a visa and does not currently live in the US. Creating a child with someone from another country was not the wisest move as it makes any number of parenting issues much more complex. Not the least of these is that this guy does not have any valid path to immigration or citizenship based on a minor child who is a citizen. When the child turns 18, he or she can (assuming no changes in the law between now and then) petition for a parent to obtain a visa or green card, but you as the gf can not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back