Consumer Law, Warranties just wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

booth7397

I recently quit my job and I moved to Colorado from Illinois to take the job. I was given a moving expence to move that was in my job offer. the offer also said that if I was Termed or quit within the first year that I would have to pay that back. However at the bottom of the offer it states that this is not a contract and should not be considered one by either side. Therefore am I responsible for paying that back. I also know that another employee quit within the first year and they did not have him pay it back. Thanks

This is not legal Advice!

Hey,

Your quote: "However at the bottom of the offer it states that this is not a contract and should not be considered one by either side"

This is a disclaimer, that has no substance and is not worth the paper it is written on. Unless, it states it's an agreement between you and the said company, a contact and an agreement are two seperate enterties. If however the paper you signed is an agreement, it still would stand up in a court of law because you signed the agreement to the terms there in.

Good luck

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back