Judgment Query 2004

OFC1969

Jurisdiction
Virginia
I was involved in a car accident back in 1995. I was found guilty of improper driving. I heard nothing more about this matter until two months ago. I am currently trying to sell my parents' home…..they passed away recently. The sale was in the middle of the closing process when a judgment against me was discovered. This judgment for $80,000 was levied in 2004 and it was from the car accident. I knew absolutely nothing about this before that time….received no paperwork, nothing. I tried calling my lawyer who defended me with this case, the car insurance company I had at the time…..nobody has any record of the judgment and if any part of it was paid since it was so long ago. I need to get this resolved as soon as possible so I can finalize the sale of the house. What options do I have? I don't know what else to do right now.

soon as possible so I can finalize the sale of the house. What options do I have? I don't know what else to do right now.

Please accept my sincere condolences upon the loss of your parents.

Interview several attorneys and RETAIN one to represent you.

You're wasting your time seeking FREE advice from strangers who know LESS about the matter than you do.

The attorney you retain will investigate and provide you with any options available to you.

Back