Judgement question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcl7757

Long story but I will try to make it short. Old hospital bills went to collections. CA had no luck finding us(we moved from CT to VT). We got sued and received paperwork in the mail. We responded but never got a court date back in the mail. I need to pay these judgements now but Im unsure how to go about it. There is 4 different Judgements. 1 for the hospital, 1 for the DR, 1 for the Anesthesiologist, and 1 for some company that reads blood tests. All total about $3000. I can pay Hospital, DR, and Blood test guy now. The Anesthesia guys is like $1800 and can pay that in a month or so.

Heres my question, if I pay the attorney who filed the paperwork, I feel as if he may try to beat me to pay the Anesthesia guy now too. The hospital said I could pay them directly. My only concern is what will I need to show proof of payment. Also, I understand that there is a an interest charge that they can collect. The Hospital said they would just be happy getting the money at this point, (its from 2003 Small Claims but original bill from 1999).

So I guess question #2 is whats the most effective way to pay these. Do I continue to contact the original creditors or do I have to talk with this Lawyer.

Thanks for any help you guys can provde,

pcl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back