1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Judgement awarded from Arbitration

Discussion in 'Alternative Dispute Resolution' started by kpaylor, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kpaylor

kpaylor Law Topic Starter New Member

I received a civil summons today indicating that I have a judgement against me and this is the first time I was informed of this situation. Attached to the summons is a letter from the National Arbitration Forum dated 12/27/2005 awarding Worldwide Asset Purchasing a certain sum amount. Can you inform me as to how to respond to this summons and is there a way in which this judgement can be stopped if I was not informed of this before now. The account is which they are referring to is not listed on my credit report and this situation has gotten me scared and very confused. Please help. Thank you

2. Michael Wechsler

Michael Wechsler Administrator Staff Member

Did you ever consent to going to arbitration with the National Arbitration Forum? My guess is that there may be some contract you may have signed that had this in there. Do you know the plaintiff? Are you stating that you were never served? You need to find the contract and see whom and how someone was to be notified. Don't be scared, just find out the information and take it one step at a time. :)