Parole, Probation Judge gave wrong order and husband arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

andmar

My husband had parole in Malhuer County Oregon and he had a charge in Umitilla County and went to court. The judge in Umitilla County Oregon gave him 36 months of parole. He asked her and his lawyer if he was suppose to go back to Malhuer County. He was told no, he was in their juridiction now. When he went to his first parole meeting he was arrested for not being in the first county. He is being taken back today to face a parole violation. His lawyer said well it is a new judge. That is not an excuse and he should have known better too. The new lawyer I hired said my husband got a raw deal but he can't do nothing. My husband is in terrible health and being in jail without his meds is making him worse. They can't give him meds for his Chrons because it is to expensive. He has no family in Malhuer Count and the probation officer said tough. He can live on street and eat out of the garbage. This whole thing is not his fault. He is not a lawyer so had no reason to doubt the judge or his lawyer. I thought probation officers were to help you get rehabilatated but one lawyer told me the ones in Oregon push the parolee into dong more crime. I see that now.

Last edited:
Was he originally on parole or probation?

The correct answer will allow me to properly answer you.

Parole and probation are different creatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back