Joint owned car/deceased & heir

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarpain

Can you please refer me to the exact law in the following scenario:?
My mother is deceased. She and I jointly own a vehicle, (both her name and mine are on the loan and registration). The vehicle has a balance on the loan.
I also have 3 sisters; heirs.
Does the law state that, since the deceased name is on the loan, as well as one of the heirs, that the balance of the loan is to be paid in the following way:
The heir who's name is shared on the loan is to pay half, and the remaining 3 heirs, pay
the other half, split between them? My attorney believes this is the case, but I need a reference to the exact law in this regard.
I appreciate any and all references.
This is needed in a rather speedy manner, if you have the time.

Respectfully,
Maria

Because you and your mom were joint on the vehicle and the loan -- do you have documents proving this? -- YOU are now responsible for car and the loan because now your mom is gone. Whose names are on the documents?

Because you and your mom were joint on the vehicle and the loan -- do you have documents proving this? -- YOU are now responsible for car and the loan because now your mom is gone. Whose names are on the documents?

Why are you trying to resurrect the dead?

Oh...sorry. Easter is coming up.:angel

truth be told, i felt terribly sorry for this extremely lost soul that just kept on compounding her problems with unrelated facts -- at the very least, i wanted to take her by the hand and steer her in a better direction -- chances are she probably won't even read my message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back