joint custody w/ visitation being denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

wade

Cort ordered joint custody/visitation being denied

Good Day! I'm having a problem with the mother of my son. I have a criminal record and was just released from prison for (D.O.C.S) yet when I was awaiting sentencing, I was awarded joint custody w/ visitation upon resonable requst at reasonable times. Now the family of lawyers want me to go through some sort of Tx with a Phd. and mapped out a 6 step reunification plan for me to reunite with my son. I understand that my son has not seen me in 18 months, sense the mother terminated visits then. The real problem is the parole officer was contacted by the family and asked to put a no contact order with the mother. So arranging a visit seems impossible. I have had no agressive/assultive history yet they are treating me like a monster. I've completed parenting classes while in along with other positive changes and accomplishments. How would you suggest me to persue this matter? PLEASE HELP!

Last edited:
Re: Cort ordered joint custody/visitation being denied

Originally posted by wade:
Good Day! I'm having a problem with the mother of my son. I have a criminal record and was just released from prison for (D.O.C.S) yet when I was awaiting sentencing, I was awarded joint custody w/ visitation upon resonable requst at reasonable times. Now the family of lawyers want me to go through some sort of Tx with a Phd. and mapped out a 6 step reunification plan for me to reunite with my son. I understand that my son has not seen me in 18 months, sense the mother terminated visits then. The real problem is the parole officer was contacted by the family and asked to put a no contact order with the mother. So arranging a visit seems impossible. I have had no agressive/assultive history yet they are treating me like a monster. I've completed parenting classes while in along with other positive changes and accomplishments. How would you suggest me to persue this matter? PLEASE HELP!
If you have joint custody then the mother has no right to terminate visitation. What is the issue with regard to your parole officer? He/she does not have the power to change a court order. Are completing these items a request, a requirement?

reply to the law professor

The parole officer is on my side. She thinks that the mother of my child is out of line, yet for the best intrest for me, she decided that the no contact was best for now. I have recently filed a contempt motion pro-se cause I cannot afford an Attorney. As far as the 6 step plan, the parents paid to have my son go to a Phd. and the 6 step plan was drawn up by him. It is only a suggestion, yet the attorney for my sons mother says that he will be asking the court to make it mandatory. I think that I will have to jump through a few hoops once I go through court to see my son, but think it will all be worth it in the long run. I would like to thank you for your reply and any "educational words/ topics" you think I might need to know or handle the unexpected. Thanks for your time and being open to this request. Have a great day and again thank you!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back