Job loss and Marriage loss from failed drug test from CBD OIL

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
I recently lost a lucrative job offer and subsequently my wife filled for divorce all stemming from a positive THC result on a drug screen. I don't use drugs or alcohol. The THC came from CBD OIL. The problem is that I had no idea that the CBD OIL had THC in it. The label says nothing about THC. The store and it's employee said nothing about it containing THC. NO signs posted about the product containing THC and I told the employee that I am a recovering alcoholic and can't and don't want to take anything that has drugs in it especially illegal drugs before the employee suggested what product I should be using and then purchased. The resulting failed drug screen is part of the program Tennessee Drug Free Workplace. I am now in the system as having a failed drug screen and can't apply for or be hired for any job with a company that is part of this program. Which is a large amount of the quality employers in the Knoxville Tennessee area. Not to mention that because of my past history with alcohol and the problems it caused my marriage I was basically on a last chance situation with my wife of 18 years. So a failed drug test means she doesn't believe me and is done plus not being able to get a good job. So do I have any grounds for a lawsuit against this franchise store I purchased this CBD OIL product? Thanks in advance for any help.

First, the TN Drug-Free Workplace Program does not share information between employers. In fact, while positive result information is reported to the state, the names of those that test positive aren't.

Your biggest problem with suing them is if you can't get your wife to believe you didn't use pot what makes you think a jury will believe you didn't.

You may want to consider moving to a less restrictive state.

I recently lost a lucrative job offer and subsequently my wife filled for divorce all stemming from a positive THC result on a drug screen. I don't use drugs or alcohol. The THC came from CBD OIL. The problem is that I had no idea that the CBD OIL had THC in it. The label says nothing about THC. The store and it's employee said nothing about it containing THC. NO signs posted about the product containing THC and I told the employee that I am a recovering alcoholic and can't and don't want to take anything that has drugs in it especially illegal drugs before the employee suggested what product I should be using and then purchased. The resulting failed drug screen is part of the program Tennessee Drug Free Workplace. I am now in the system as having a failed drug screen and can't apply for or be hired for any job with a company that is part of this program. Which is a large amount of the quality employers in the Knoxville Tennessee area. Not to mention that because of my past history with alcohol and the problems it caused my marriage I was basically on a last chance situation with my wife of 18 years. So a failed drug test means she doesn't believe me and is done plus not being able to get a good job. So do I have any grounds for a lawsuit against this franchise store I purchased this CBD OIL product? Thanks in advance for any help.
A quick google search of this oil revealed that it may have trace amounts of THC. IMO a reasonable person would have investigated a cannabis product before using it.

I agree there is plenty of "noise" out on the internet about this topic and as the OP is a recovering alcoholic, it would have been OP's due diligence to review it and not base it on the word of an employee or businessowner selling it. Kind of a "buyer beware".

23.7 million results to the google search "cbd oil drug test"

#1 result states "Hemp based CBD oils, when used in low doses, are unlikely to result in a positive test because they often don't contain high enough levels of THC for detection. ... As a result of varying dose recommendations and uncertain THC levels, taking CBD oil comes with a risk of a non-negative test result."

Back