jeremy epps

Status
Not open for further replies.

kim4bama

My son who had cerebral palsy was taken to a local hospital for back pain. He had a seizure problem whom I told from the triage nurse to the nurse in the room to the nurse practitioner who then talked to 2 drs about medicine. They gave him tramadol. During my research I foungpd out that you don't give someone with a seizure disorder this medicine. He passes away the next morning.

There is no absolute contraindication, but you also didn't mention the type of seizure disorder (which might help).

I'm very sorry for your loss. Your son was already compromised, and there's no saying what would or would not happened if he hadn't have been given the Tramadol.

If you're still concerned it may be malpractice, get a copy of his medical records and have a sit-down with a med-mal attorney. The first consultation will usually be free.

There is no way we can know if there was medical malpractice. You will need a medical malpractice attorney to talk to & to review your son's medical records. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back