Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Jail time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulieElla

Hey, Im knew here and I need a lot of help.
well heres my story.
on October 20th 2013 my cousin and I who is 16, were caught stealing makeup from a (dept. store) near us. Im 23. Im not going to get into how I wasent the only one at fault (she was never caght while being searhed) . Anyway. It was makeup , a total of $25.58. Now what makes matters even worse was I was with my 11 month old at the time she was in the stroller. STUPUD ALL OF IT. Well we were walking out of the parking lot and this undercover security girl came after us and said that she needed to talk to us about some missing merchandise. Anyway. I gave it back and she said she was calling cps on me. So the cops came and arreasted me right there and then. My parents picked up my daughter because we all live together. So they took us to amherst police station where I got out 5 hours later. Heres whats wracking my brains! Its my first affense... petit larssen they chardged me with. The cop was tellin me I could go to jail for a year?!?!?!!!?? I have bipolar anxiety depression clinically diagnosed im freaking out! My babys bday is the 30th of this month.. I have court wed. The 20th of november 2013. At 9am. PLEASE HELP ME AND TRY TO GIVE ME ANSWERS :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a lawyer - you definitely need a lawyer. Plead not guilty in court. The lawyer will help you get the best outcome possible. Ask the lawyer about ACD or diversion. I "doubt" you will get jail time. Pay any "fine" that you get. If you can't afford a lawyer, ask the court if they will appoint one for you.

PS - I hope you have no prior record of any kind.

Last edited:
Do you have a lawyer - you definitely need a lawyer. Plead not guilty in court. The lawyer will help you get the best outcome possible. Ask the lawyer about ACD or diversion. I "doubt" you will get jail time. Pay any "fine" that you get. If you can't afford a lawyer, ask the court if they will appoint one for you.

I just posted that the cop said if the judge is in a bad mood then he can throw me in jail for a month or up to a year. Im very frightend it was the most dumbest thing in the world. I will NEVER EVER DO ANYTHING LIKE THIS AGAIN...I HAVE NO RECORD

Do I walk in there and plea guilty???????????????? I am guilty I cant handle jail time... idc about a fine....

Get. A. Lawyer.

It is no longer within your control what happens. A lawyer can help get you the best deal possible. But the only way to ensure that you do not have a criminal record and that you do not have to go to jail, is that you do not commit a crime. That ship has already sailed. If you want to get out of this with minimal damage, you. need. a. lawyer.

I have been working in retail field for many years now and I can tell you if your record is clean and there are no special circumstances with this theft jail is very unlikely. Talk to a Lawyer ask him about ACD or diversion as plea options. ....................... by the way I think the cop was trying to scare you looks like it worked :)

Do get a lawyer - he/she will help you with this. That's the bottom line - you do need a lawyer. It's "doubtful" you will have to do jail time.

Actually disagreeable makes a very valid point. The crime was committed with the child present. While it's not a guarantee that anything will happen, it may indeed be something to think about.

Good thing also for the child that she is only 11 months old. It wouldn't have been a very good example for an older child to see & realize/understand what was going on. Just something else to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back