Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Jail time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marleelambert

I am 21 years old and was charged with a 1st shoplifting misdemeanor. I have no idea what that means. I've been looking online for answers and I'm getting nowhere. I was wondering what my chances for going to jail was? My bondsman told me if I plead guilty then I would only pay a fee. I asked him if there was a chance I could go to jail and he said maybe, just don't bring it up- he said at the most I could maybe get 10 days jail. I've also read that I probably would not go to jail, that I will only have a fee to pay. For example- the page said a misdemeanor was a 1500 fee and up to 6 months in jail. Then it quoted that, that doesn't mean one would go to jail, or pay that whole fine. I don't understand any of this, I need it explained to me, and I don't want any jail time. Is there any likelihood I could get out by just paying a fee?

Asking Bondsman for advice?

RELAX! You are not going to jail for a misdemeanor shoplifting charge. Not for 10 days, 10 weeks, or ten seconds. PERIOD! Unless of course you really want to.

The best thing to do is to bring this matter to a close as quickly as possible which will not happen if you decide for some unfathomable reason to take this to a trial, because if you lose at the end of the trial, then you may well do some time; so right away at the arraignment stage, just do the right thing by pleading guilty to the charge and be done with it.

You do not need to go out and spend a fortune on an attorney as you will have a public defender assigned to your case on the day of the arraignment, who will bring you a plea offer from the City Attorney. The offer will be that if you plead guilty, you will do no time and get to go home and you will most probably be ordered to pay a civil fine as well as restitution and be placed on a (depending on the state) two-year or three-year summary probation.

Summary Probation is a slap on the wrist; it is an unsupervised, by the court order of probation in lieu of the six month jail term, meaning that as long as you break no laws or commit no other crime in the next 2 or 3 years, you will remain a free man. And you can expunge the record at the completion of the probation period.

That basically all there is to a misdemeanor charge of petty larceny.

fredrikklaw

If You Can Follow The Advice From Bondsman You Will Have A Permanent Criminal Record For The Rest Of Your Life . Hire a Good Attorney and Don't Try to Save Money it Will Help You To Get A JOB later on .

& please don't post any questions you might have to another poster's old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back