IVF (USA citizen) unpunished for serious medical malpractice

IVFsurvivor

Jurisdiction
Middle East
During my IVF cycles (in the middle east), i was a victim of serious medical malpractice. I also suspect embryos that the clinic/Dr said were mine, could not have been (massive difference in quality), thankfully this Frozen embryo transfer didn't result in pregnancy.
i was given medication not approved for use by the FDA in IVF, there was clinical errors in my treatment and i have heard from ex clinic employees they witnessed others changing medical records to cover up their crimes.
Dr also has said in his statement to the courts that he "placed a dying embryo in to me an left to god" . He said that he did it because my treating DR was too embarrassed to tell me the state of the embryo!. i did not consent for him to touch me let along carry out the procedure, i felt like i have been assaulted.
I am unable to recover from this very traumatic ordeal and this is compounded as the Dr (USA citizen) has simply gotten away with any punishment here.
Please can i open any case in the USA? he is a USA citizen and a has a physician license in USA
please any advice

Sorry - this is a "middle east" matter. You will need to find a legal professional in the "middle east" to assist you.

During my IVF cycles (in the middle east), i was a victim of serious medical malpractice. . . . i was given medication not approved for use by the FDA

If you had this done in the Middle East, why would you think FDA standards would be observed?

Dr also has said in his statement to the courts that. . . .

What courts? Courts in the Middle East country where this occurred?

I am unable to recover from this very traumatic ordeal and this is compounded as the Dr (USA citizen) has simply gotten away with any punishment here.
Please can i open any case in the USA?

If the doctor is a citizen of some U.S. state, then he will be amenable to suit in that state. However, you might want to read about a doctrine called forum non conveniens. Also, if the doctor doesn't live in the U.S., what good will it do to get a civil judgment against him in the U.S.?

A few other questions:

Are you a U.S. citizen?

Have you ever been to the U.S.?

Why was this U.S. citizen doctor performing medical procedures in some Middle East country?

Do you have at least $30,000 to fund litigation in the U.S.?

Most state civil procedure rules refer to a "residency" requirement for getting jurisdiction there. Individual states don't typically have "citizenship" (unless you're one of those sovereign citizen wackos). If he's not residing there, he's not subject to being sued there (unless there's some other act that puts it under the court's jurisdiction).

Similarly, if he's practicing in some other country, the state medical board in whatever state he's licensed in isn't going to be able to control him there. They might, if a violation is proved in a foreign jurisdiction FIRST take action against his certification there as a result, but that's not going to be your first opportunity.

You will need to find a legal professional in the "middle east" to assist you.

I suspect this is the nation on the Asian continent in the "middle east" where the event ALLEGEDLY occurred.

Continent: Asia

State/Region: Abu Dhabi

City: Abu Dhabi

There is something with diversity of citizenship but that covers malpractice which occurs here.

if you went to another country to skate the exorbitant premiums that these procedures cost here then you probably do not have any grounds or cause against this doctor.

Back