Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Issues in Southampton with Disorderly Conduct

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheArtKid

A little over a month ago, a buddy and I were served summons for Disorderly Conduct by an MTA officer watching over the Hampton Bays Train Station. Besides our opinion of the officer antagonized us into such a charge unnecessarily he ordered us to appear in court on Sunday at 1 PM, yesterday. We felt as if that was odd, but we both showed and waited outside the Town Hall of Southampton for an hour before a secretary came out and informed us that there is no court on Sundays. I called the Town Hall today and explained my situation, she first said that they rarely deal with a City citation, and then upon looking up my citation number and name said she found no record of me in there system? However she said to write a note pleading not guilty with the citation and send it to the office for a new court date, all of this seems a bit odd to me? I am looking for any advice, thank you in advance.

You may have been at the wrong place -I know where i live i was once written a speeding ticket, I showed up and they told me it was not in there system so i thought perhaps the officer forgot to put it in and disregarded it. To my dismay i received a letter saying i had a warrant for my arrest for failure to appear in court and i was to drive 150 miles out of town to a small town of population >500 people and stand trial. What happened was since it was a state officer the ticket was written out of my county so that the petty $150 would go to the state and not the county funds. Maybe your in the same boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back