Issue with a wire transfer

Oli_Kaho

Jurisdiction
Michigan
I wire money from Chase Bank to Central African Republic. Chase Bank debit my account and never deposit the money to the recipient Bank. This issue is pending since May 11 2019.
Chase is not answering my emails, refuse to send any communication per email. Gave 3 different reasons why the deposit was not done:
  1. The money was more or less "stuck" at intermediary Bank, which was not able to perform the deposit at the beneficiary Bank. Money will be send back to Chase Bank asap, and Chase will deposit on my account.
  2. Money is pending to be deposit at the beneficiary bank, but Chase is still waiting for an answer to their swift message, they send to the beneficiary Bank.
  3. Last version, Money is back from Intermediary Bank to Chase Bank, but Chase will not deposit the money on my account, until they get confirmation form Beneficiary of a VOID Transaction. I need to get in touch with Beneficiary Bank to have them send confirmation to Chase Bank. Either way my money will be stuck forever at Chase Bank
Please let me know what kind of lawyer I need to contact.
Thank you

Just have the other bank confirm that the transaction has been voided.

It's not clear to me that you have a need for an attorney.

Given the current state of affairs in the CAR, it's not surprising that there would be problems with a wire transfer -- especially if the amount transferred was significant.

Rather than trying to communicate with your bank by email, I suggest you visit the branch and speak to an actual human being.

If you do find yourself in need of an attorney, you'll want someone who understands banking laws.

I visited the Branch several times and speak with human beings several times. And receiving several versions of this issue. calling several times and not receiving calls back. the reason why I think that I need an attorney is that I don't even know whether my money is lost or not. I have been patient for 3 weeks.

I have been patient for 3 weeks.

Are you personally acquainted with the person who was supposed to have received the funds?

What was the amount (in US dollars) you believe should have been transmitted?

Have you contacted the recipient of the funds to determine if HE/SHE/It is alive or is NOT incarcerated in a penal colony?

Perhaps you might attempt to text, telephone, email, or fax the recipient to see what HE/SHE/IT can learn, or what is already known.

Back