Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Is using company cc for personal, fraud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myakylie

I work for a company that has several store credit cards. One store in particular we never use. I started using this office supply store credit card last December for personal use - BUT AM PAYING THE MONTHLY PAYMENTS! I know it is wrong and that is why I am not telling anyone at work about it. However, to say I am stressed is not even close. I am scared to death someone will find out and I will get fired before I can pay off the account. Is this CRIMINAL? I know I can be fired - but can I be sent to jail? Oh, and I just want to add that the "men" in the company charge personal items to our other store company credit cards (Lowe's) and don't reimburse the company for their personal phone usage like they are supposed to - and they don't get in trouble. One co-worker racked up $2100 in personal phone calls he was supposed to reimburse the company but never did. Wonder if the fact his mother was VP of finance had anything to do with it?

Listen (and I mean this in the most respectful way) your concern should be on what you are doing. Read your company's corporate credit card policies and see what are the consequences for actions like yours.

Thank you. I have stopped using the card (was in financial turmoil reason started) and am just paying it back. I even am looking for a new job so I can quit my job, cash out my 401(k) and pay off the debt. $3,500. Just not sure if they can send me to jail. I have been with this company over 8 years and until last year (and new boss) was a very highly thought of and valued employee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back