Is this true or not true that I can't go in the building with my daughter ?

• Thread Starter Deleted member 118209
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 118209

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
Is this true or not true that I can't go in the building with my daughter when the police offer and children and youth services will ask my daughter questions ?

With virtually no context whatsoever, there is no way to know. Did someone tell you that was the case? Was that person a police officer or CYS employee? How old is your daughter? Why are these people asking her questions?

With virtually no context whatsoever, there is no way to know. Did someone tell you that was the case? Was that person a police officer or CYS employee? How old is your daughter? Why are these people asking her questions?
The police offer say that to me over the phone and she is 12 years old and they are questioning her about something about the school who lie on me @zddoodah .

If they are questioning her regarding conduct you engaged in with her, no, you aren't allowed to sit in while they question her. That is just common sense. How honest do you think an abused child is going to be with the abuser sitting right there?

Chances are you are not obligated to produce your daughter to answer their questions in the first place. Doing so is voluntary.
If you don't like the terms they set then deny them access. If they have enough information to get access to your daughter without your consent you will find out soon enough.
You may instruct your daughter to speak to nobody without having a parent present, and to demand her parent if anyone should try to interview her.
You might also inform her school of this.

That said, if you are being investigated for any sort of crime involving your daughter you don't want to be seen as dissuading a victim/witness from providing information. You might seek legal counsel and have a lawyer handle things for you.

The police offer say that to me

No one here is in any position to contradict what the cop told you (although I agree with "mightymoose" that you might not be obligated to make your daughter available for questioning). If the police and/or CYS are looking to speak to your daughter and are prohibiting you from being present, you need to engage the services of a local attorney ASAP.

Ok they could let me just go in the building with her and just sit down and wait in the building room when they take her in a room when they ask her questions and but my son is going to take her to place and record them for my safety when school end this year coming up I am going to send her to another school .

If you are not opposed to having your daughter questioned you might extend an invitation to have it done at your home, where you will be present.

You won't be prevented from entering a public building with your daughter. I assume what was intended to be expressed to you was that they wanted a private interview without you in the room.

Personally, I would not allow them to interview my child without myself, an attorney, or someone else I trust present in the room.

If you are not opposed to having your daughter questioned you might extend an invitation to have it done at your home, where you will be present.

You won't be prevented from entering a public building with your daughter. I assume what was intended to be expressed to you was that they wanted a private interview without you in the room.

Personally, I would not allow them to interview my child without myself, an attorney, or someone else I trust present in the room.
They want her at this place so they can record her and have police there and so they can use ask her questions and use this machine on her make sure she was not touch the wrong way and other stuff like that .

They want her at this place so they can record her and have police there and so they can use ask her questions and use this machine on her make sure she was not touch the wrong way and other stuff like that .

Who is it that the authorities believe is molesting or harming your child?

Is the alleged perpetrator your male friend?

Is the alleged perpetrator a male relative?

.....................................................................................

Is the alleged perpetrator a relative?

Is the alleged perpetrator a female?

Are you married to, or dating the alleged perpetrator?

Who is the alleged perpetrator?

Was the child alleged to have been physically abused?

Was the child alleged to have been sexually abused?

.....................................................................................

There is no "machine" that can detect whether someone has been touched inappropriately. Don't be ridiculous. While you don't have to cooperate, unless guilty, you really aren't making things any easier for your child or yourself.

The machine she may be referring to is something similar to a lie detector. I've seen this with CPS and it records the interview and supposedly measures the stress levels in their voice.

l don't know if lie detector is the correct term. I was with our granddaughter when CPS interviewed her and the lady had some kind of program on a laptop that recorded the interview and the screen looked kind of like and EKG readout.

I haven't either, but maybe there are circumstances that make it reasonable. A voice stress test is non invasive in comparison to a polygraph. The test could be done without the child even realizing there was a test.

As a parent I know I would not allow my child to be interviewed in such a manner.

As a professional in law enforcement I know that most people simply do not know they have a right to refuse, and often do not refuse when you inform them of their rights.

By asking the parent to deliver the child for the interview it will be seen as the parent consenting to the entire process. The parent may refuse or establish other terms.

Some people see such refusal as a sign of guilt. Others like myself see it as an exercise of civil rights. If a parent exercises a right to refuse then the government agencies will have to meet a certain threshold to compel compliance. Usually if permission is being asked it is an indicator that that threshold is not met.

l don't know if lie detector is the correct term. I was with our granddaughter when CPS interviewed her and the lady had some kind of program on a laptop that recorded the interview and the screen looked kind of like and EKG readout.

It is called CVSA- Computer Voice Stress Analysis.
It measures the AM and FM frequencies in your voice. When a person is being deceitful there is a measurable drop in one of the frequencies due to stress.

It is not an exact science but is a useful tool for investigation.

Back