Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Is this sex crime a case??

Status
Not open for further replies.

needsomehelp27

Can you file against your spouse for a sex crime that was committed before you were married? At the time I was 16 and he was 40. I don't even know if I would have a case. Also what is the statute of limitations in Missouri for filing?

I would suggest that you discuss this with the prosecuting attorney in the county where this happened.

I must warn you that such a case would be a hard sell to a jury.

Not to mention the statute of limitations has probably run out. So this was not a crime since you married him but now it is since you are getting a divorce? It would be extremely hard to prosecute this and to prove it. If you had a baby at 16 that might be proof but still not sure if the DA would be interested in prosecuting this since so much time has passed. You did not state how old you are now.

True, the year this happened would be important. I remember Jerry Lee Lewis married his cousin, when she was even younger than 16.

This happened in 1998. I am asking because I have been seeing a counselor and am remembering things that I had forgotten about. When I met him online we talked for months before meeting. He knew that I was being sexually abused (a man who is deceased now) and I feel that he took advantage of me. I'm not looking for a way to easily divorce him. He sent me gifts, a polariod camera so I could send him pictures of myself. He was just so super nice to me and I was young and dumb and fell for it. He even mail a sexual video of himself to my house that was red flagged by the post office and my parents received it. They still do not know that is was him because he didn't show his face..I don't think. Anyway thank you all for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back