is this right

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedbum

Ok my girlfriend today was just accused of stealing 1300 dollars by her employer. with no proof at all .even thought the girl that is a manager that changed the safe out before mygirlfriend started her shift said there was 3000 in the safe when my girlfreind counted it if was 180 short . this has gotten to be usauall when my girlfreind says something to the other managers they always tell her not to worry about it .well today they accused my girlfreind of stealing 1300 .and the big boss said he wouldn't even question it but because my girlfriend is friends with a girl that stole money from him years ago that she must be guilty .and to her that if things didn't even out by the end of today that he was going to have her arrested . my girlfriend has never stolen anything .is it right of him to accuse her of this .and now if she wants to get another job can he tell her new employer that she was caught stealing even though there is no proof.also the girl that changed out the safe before my girlfriend is one of the bosses favorites and get special treatment.can he have her arrested with no proof .can he accuse her of being guilty because of one her friends

It is not up to the boss if she gets arrested or not. But he can legally fire her if he thinks she is the one who stole the money, whether he has proof or not; whether he is right or wrong.

What if he fires her then the money shows up in a paper work error.Also can he also tell future employers that he fired her for stealing even though he had no proof that she did it.
Also thank you for replying

If he fires her and the money shows up later that's a shame. If you are asking whether or not that would give her legal recourse, no, it doesn't. It doesn't suddenly become illegal to fire her because the money shows up.

He cannot say, she was fired because she stole. He can say, she was fired on suspicion of thievery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back