Is this malpractice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

micahsmommy

My jurisdiction is: Milwaukee, Wisconsin

My daughter was a reported runaway a few years ago and first of all the police found her and she had them take her to a friends house and the aunt told the police that she was me and they left my daughter with her and canceled out the missing person report without me even knowing it. The second issue is with her medical treatment. While my daughter was a reported runaway she got sick and went the doctor alone and was given a birth control patch without a complete physical that would have revealed that she had PID which was discovered only a few weeks after being given the patch and bleeding heavy the whole time.

This is how it went:

She went to the doctor alone at the age of 16. Got the birth control patch. Start to bleed and have abdominal pain. Went to the ER and got treated for a bladder infection. Rushed back to ER for severe bleeding and abdominal pain and fever. Had her appendix taken out only to find out she had PID the whole time.
All this happened within weeks. Shouldn't the first doctor have caught that PID? Shouldn't the police department have checked some ID before just leaving my daughter with a stranger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back