Legal Malpractice Is this Legal Malpractice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accountability

I'm from South Carolina & im in need of some legal professional advice & ill give you a brief summary of my issue. In February 2013 I purchased a vehicle title loan "which was my last resort" to help cover my Divorce & Bankruptcy legal fees. The loan amount was $5, 500 & the truck the title belonged to was valued at $10,000.The interest rate was 140% & if the payment was ever just one day late then the loan gets penalized & receives a 400% interest rate. In May 2013 my title loan was up to date with no penalties & the payoff amount was $5,000 & i had been saving money so I could get it paid off within the next three Months because since it was a secure loan then I had to pay loan off if I wanted to keep truck which I did. Also in May 2013 I had my Bankruptcy Court hearing. Everything went well but at the end the Trustee asked me & my Attorney if the title loan was processed correctly & we both answered "not sure". Then the Trustee said he may be able to purchase the loan from title company & sell back to me cheaper. As we were leaving i asked my Attorney to explain to me what the Trustee meant by selling me the title loan cheaper. My Attorney said that the Trustee was gonna take care of it & for me to stop making payments. I said are you sure because if im ever late on a payment then the loan gets penalized to a 400% interest rate. My Attorney again said don't make anymore payments unless he tells me differently. Well I stopped making payments & assumed it had been taken care of since my Attorney never contacted me about it. Well three months later when I received by mail my Bankruptcy Discharge papers I also received a letter from title loan company saying I was three months behind on payments and that my loan was now at a 400% interest rate & that my truck will be repossessed if I don't resolve this broken promise immediately. I thought the title loan company had made a mistake but I Immediately addressed this issue to my Attorney & to the Trustee. Again my Attorney told me that he would take care of it & now two weeks later my truck has been repossessed & I have to pay $10,800 within 10 days which started on 8/23/13 if I want my truck back . My estimated guess of truck value is $10,000. I immediately contacted my Attorney after the repossession & his response was this ( You should have caught up the payments, why don't you dip into your 401k retirement monies & buy back for $10,800, you should use the $1,500 which you should have saved from the three missed payments & purchase yourself a cheap vehicle because that truck isn't worth $10,800.) WOW. That was my only Transportation but thankfully my brother let me borrow a vehicle which he's gonna need back soon. Also I contacted the Trustee about this title loan issue & his response was for me to address my issues to my Attorney. I just can't understand how my Attorney could give me such strong instructions & keep telling me he's gonna take care of it but he didn't & now it appears he was wrong & im stuck with the consequences of his wrong advice & my Attorney whom I paid to represent me hasn't shown any accountability for his bad advice & instead he's acting as if it's all my problem. Well since I just went through a Divorce which involved me attaining legal evidence to prove my ex wife's adultery, I gained some useful tools & it came in handy for this issue because I have a recent legal recorded phone conversation of me and my Attorney which can prove everything I just said. Any advice will be appreciated & thanks for the opportunity to address my problem.

I suggest you do two things:

First you should take this information your state bar Association and file a complaint against your attorney.

After that,you should discuss your concerns surrounding the trustee's offer with the FBI. If they are the correct agency, they'll direct you to who is.

If this is substantiated, criminal and civil laws may have been broken.
good luck.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Army Judge for your response. I will file a complaint with the Bar Association but should i consult with an Malpractice Attorney and if so do you have any referrals.

Thanks Army Judge for your response. I will file a complaint with the Bar Association but should i consult with an Malpractice Attorney and if so do you have any referrals.

You can always ask your county bar association for some names.
Or, ask your family, friends, relatives, or coworkers for suggestions.
Don't forget, the FBI should be apprised of these alleged shenanigans.

Thanks again & i need clarification concerning the Trustee. At my Bankruptcy hearing in an open courtroom The Trustees statement was this "I may be able to purchase the title loan & then sell to you cheaper". So your saying that if the truck title had not been processed correctly with the DMV & the Trustee obtained the title & then sold to me would have been illegal?

Thanks again & i need clarification concerning the Trustee. At my Bankruptcy hearing in an open courtroom The Trustees statement was this "I may be able to purchase the title loan & then sell to you cheaper". So your saying that if the truck title had not been processed correctly with the DMV & the Trustee obtained the title & then sold to me would have been illegal?

I am not drawing a legal conclusion.
I leave that to the courts, and the investigators.
I suggest you discuss what was said with the FBI.
Does it mean anything sinister or illegal?
I decline to comment, other than to advise you to speak with the FBI.
They might look into it, or send you to another agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back