Is this illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

holiday8

My daughter, age 26, has confessed to me that she is trying to pass for age 18, and is applying for a whole new identity. She has already legally changed her name, but is currently going by another surname than the one that she legally owns. She told me that she has applied for a new social security number. In the meantime, she is on SSI, due to having Bipolar Disorder, and is currently living in North Carolina.

My question, is what she is doing, illegal? Can she really get a new SS number and present herself as younger than she is? I am concerned for her, because she is off all her medications, and in danger of being homeless. Can she get arrested for using a false name and lying about her age?

Yes, she is potentially committing a host of crimes. If you facilitate or aid her in any way, you can also be charged with federal and state crimes.

Simply lying about her name and age to others is not a crime, but if she asserts to be someone else or lies about needed information on legal documents, she could be charged with criminal acts. Perhaps she needs some intervention.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back