Other Immigration Law is this evidence enough for VAWA self petition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acaglumac

i came to america 4 years ago as a student. two years ago i met my wife, a us citizen, went to my home country,she met my family, got back to usa, got married. i had to stop going to school when we got married because we didnt have money for it. so i fell out of status. we havent applied for my green card for almost a year because we didnt have money. finally we applied last month and i just got email stating that my application is received and is processing.

ever since we got married my wife has been abusive to me. i was trying to work it out and help her w her violence because she had tough times growing up, was fighting with her stepdad, was taking drugs etc. but lately ever since we applied for my green card shes become more violent. she once chased me with a knife n made holes in the bathroom door. few days later she hit me with a budha statue in the head n i passed out for a second and my head was bleeding so i ran out n walked for 2 hrs to my friends place barefoot.

i didnt call the police on her because she was threatning me shell divorce me n ill get deported and also because i really love her.

later on we got back togehter, once we talked to these friends i went to the night she hit me and my wife admitted to them that she chased me w a knife and that she hit me with statue.
but i gave her another chance, but shes messed up again. tonight, she took 2 of my expensive colognes n threw them outside n they broke. so the neighbours called the police. i told them what happened n my wife admitted and they took her to jail. the police officer told me i can get a restraining order.

now i found out i can self petition for green card under vawa. i am wondering if the following is enough to get approved:

-police report
-restraining order
-testemonies from friends that they saw me bleeding when i came to their house and also testemonies that my wife admitted that she chased me w a knife and also hit me w a budha statue
-screenshot of my wifes and my chat on facebook where she says shes sorry for hitting me with a statue.

-also other basic stuff like my testemony, proof of marriage in good feith etc

No one knows but the immigration authorities. Submit the information and see what they say.

You shouldn't worry about a lousy Green Card, when you're living with a nut that is trying to kill you with religious artifacts. You should get the restraining order and stay away from that maniac. You should also get a divorce. She's nuts!!!

You might even seek counseling for battered spouses. In the end, these situations always end poorly. Someone often gets hurt or killed. You might even want to think about returning to your homeland. Living with a batterer is not a decent, happy, or safe life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back