Is this considered slander?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoKoPi

Hello!
I just wanted to know if this situation was considered slander (or defamation or libel I wasn't sure which to use).

I was fired from my job a few days ago. My former boss told me to come to the job and all he did was give me a bunch of papers that he had sent to corporate and said if I had any questions ask corporate. On these papers it had some comments that I know I can prove to be wrong. Things like me doing no call no shows, even though I had no set schedule. Refusing to operate a scissor lift when asked which was only once because I was to sick climb up on it, which he said it was okay if I didn't and I know I can get witnesses to prove it. And that he was going to give me a write up but I had not shown up in weeks and that I was refusing to come in to sign it, so he was unable to have me sign it, although I had a received a pay check which means obviously I was there at some point and I also have records of me using my badge to get into the airport. These are some of the reasons he said he decided to fire me.

Now if I can prove that all or at least most of the things he had on the papers that he sent out to corporate where lies would I have a case against him? Thanks in advance to those who answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back