Consumer Law, Warranties Is this actionable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

venturegames

I own a paintball business which was closed down in January due to the land we were leasing was sold.

A parent of one of my customers upon hearing we were closing approached me with an offer to use his vacant 1o acre parcel to run paintball games. He wanted to know the details of our current lease and business stats. After showing him my info we agreed to use his land under he current terms. In march we meet at his property where we went over what we agreed upon in Januasry he gave me key to the property and and forklifts to used as needed. In April I informed him that we were ready to groom the property and cut the grass and start building in May. In June he asked me to purchase insurance, which I did. We finished building in July, I sent him a copy of the lease we talked about in January for his signature with anticipation of opening up on August 15th. I did not hear back from him after sending him 2 contracts by mail and one by email until a week before we were do to open. He wanted more insurance and new terms and more money. He changed the locks and locked me out of the property and access to my private property.

Do I have a case against him under Promissory Estoppel or Quantum meruit or unjust enrichment or i found this:

This is a statute of frauds question

Issue: need for a signed, written contract

- No signature requirement if the lease is 1 year or less. Acts by tenant in reliance on lease are sufficient.

- If lease is for more than 1 year, then it must be in writing and signed to be enforceable by both parties Except if 2 of the following 3 paramaters are met:

o Payments have been made in accordance with the lease

o Possession of the leased premises

o Improvements made to the leased property

Thank you for your time

Do I have a case against him under Promissory Estoppel or Quantum meruit or unjust enrichment
Yes. Whether you will succeed depends on all the circumstances, but any of the above seem like reasonable starting points.
or i found this:
Found it where? I have no idea what it is, or whether it describes the law in your jurisdiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back